Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose."-----Genesis 6:1-2

I am in an adventurous place in my life.  I have moved, in an effort to support my husband as well as be pleasing to God's will in my own life, many miles from home to an entirely new place.  That was not stated in an effort to draw attention to the sacrifice of the author.  It truly hasn't been that painful of a sacrifice.  The most difficult sacrifice has been that of one thing:  my will.

I am in a place that I have long told others about.  I am in a place of having to patiently wait upon the Lord----for His leadership, His directions, for His provisions for needs.  I am not speaking of financial needs, either----I am speaking of needs that can't be bought.

And I am learning that the biggest part of waiting, is surrendering.

Sometimes when I have a specific need, I go to the Lord and tell Him exactly what it is.  Sometimes I remind Him of His promises to provide for me, and sometimes I even try to tell Him how to deliver what I need. 

But He is teaching me some things.
~~~~~
The people in the days of Noah were having trouble----the Bible states that the "thoughts of men were only evil continually."  This didn't just start then.  These troubles went back a bit farther.  When Noah was born, his father stated that Noah would bring the family joy, since the "ground was cursed by the Lord." 

In verses 1 &2 (above), we see that the sons of God, or His saved children, were looking upon the daughters of men-----women who had not been saved.  This meant that these young women did not know God, and didn't understand His design for their marriages.  But the young men did know God. 

And the young men were looking upon these daughters of men----women who could not understand the importance of following God-----and "saw that they were fair", or beautiful. So they took them as wives at their own choosing.
~~~~~
Jesus said in the sermon on the Mount that



 

No comments:

Post a Comment